Junming Yue, Ph.D.
PhD. 1996 Changchun University of Animal Sciences and Agriculture, P.R.China
Research Interest Research in my lab focuses on the newly discovered miRNAs, a new class of non-coding endogenous small RNAs that fine-tune gene expression by either degrading mRNA or blocking protein translation. miRNAs have been shown to play a pivotal role in a variety of human diseases. We are working on to elucidate the molecular regulation networks mediated by these small molecules in development, cardiovascular diseases, cancer and stem cells using genetic mouse or rat models. The major techniques used in my laboratory including DNA and RNA isolation, molecular cloning, PCR, realtime RT-PCR, Small RNA Northern blot, DNA Southern blot, site-directed mutagenesis, Western blot, construction of lentivirial, adenoviral and adeno-associated viral vectors, tissue culture, transfection, immuohistochmeistry, histology, confocal microscopy, mouse or rat ES cell culture.
Research SupportNIH 1R21HL095957 miR-21 transgenic rat in cardiovascular diseases, 12/1/2009-11/30/2011(PI: Yue, J)
NIH R03HD061420 miR-15/16 transgenic rats in development,10/1/2009-9/30/2011(PI: Yue, J)
- Yue J, Yokoyama K, Balazs L, Baker DL, Smalley D, Pilquil C, Brindley DN,Tigyi G. Mice with transgenic overexpression of lipid phosphate phosphatase-1 display multiple organotypic deficits without alteration in circulating lysophosphatidate level. Cell Signal. 2004 Mar; 16(3):385-99.
- Yue J, Tigyi G. MicroRNA Trafficking and Human Cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006 Jun 2; 5(6),573-578 3.
- Cheng Y, Ji R, Yue J, Yang J, Liu X, Chen H, Dean DB, Zhang CMicroRNAs are aberrantly expressed in hypertrophic heart: do they play a role in cardiac hypertrophy? Am J Pathol. 2007 Jun;170(6):1831-40.
- Ji R, Cheng Y, Yue J,Yang J, Liu X, Chen H, Dean DB, Zhang C.MicroRNA expression signature and antisense-mediated depletion reveal an essential role of MicroRNA in vascular neointimal lesion formation.Circ Res. 2007 Jun 8;100(11):1579-88.3.
- Liu L, Geisert EE, Frankfurter A, Spano AJ, Jiang CX, Yue J, Dragatsis I,Goldowitz D. A transgenic mouse Class-III beta tubulin reporter using yellow fluorescent protein. Genesis. 2007 Sep;45(9):560-9.
- Yue J, Sheng Y, Orwig K, Identification of homologous miRNA genes in rhesus macaque genome, BMC Genomics, 2008 Jan 10, 9:8
- Escamilla-Hernandez R., Little-Ihrig L, Orwig K, Yue J, Chandran U.,Zeleznik AJ, Constitutively active protein kinase A qualitatively mimics the effects of follicle stimulating hormone on granulose cell differentiation, Mol. Endo. 2008, Aug.22(8) 1842-52,June 5.
- Dragatsis I, Goldowitz D, Del Mar N, Deng YP, Meade CA, Liu L, Sun Z, Dietrich P, Yue J, Reiner A. CAG repeat lengths >/=335 attenuate the phenotype in the R6/2 Huntington's disease transgenic mouse. Neurobiol Dis. 2009, Mar; 33(3):315-30.
- Han X, Yue J, and Chesney RW: Functional TauT protects against AKI. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009 May 7.
- E S, Lai YJ, Tsukahara R, Chen CS, Fujiwara Y, Yue J, Yu JH, Guo H, Kihara A,Tigyi G, Lin FT. J Biol Chem. 2009 Mar 17. The LPA2 receptor-mediated supramolecular complex formation regulates its antiapoptotic effect.
Last modified 3/3/10 11:45 AM